Northern Virginia is in Forward Virginia Phase 3, With Modifications Implemented November 15
Governor Ralph Northam moved the Commonwealth of Virginia, including Northern Virginia, into Phase 3 effective July 1, 2020, then added additional actions on November 15, 2020 to mitigate the rise of COVID-19 in Virginia.
Please see information below.
Forward Virginia Phase 3 information
- Click here to read the governor's news release on his announcement.
- Click here to review the slides presented at the governor's press conference.
- Click here for Forward Virginia's Phase 3 Guidelines: Safer At Home.
Governor Northam's actions on November 15, 2020
- Reduction in public and private gatherings: All public and private in-person gatherings must be limited to 25 individuals, down from the current cap of 250 people. This includes outdoor and indoor settings.
- Expansion of mask mandate: All Virginians aged five and older are required to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces. This expands the current mask mandate, which has been in place in Virginia since May 29 and requires all individuals aged 10 and over to wear face coverings in indoor public settings.
- Strengthened enforcement within essential retail businesses: All essential retail businesses, including grocery stores and pharmacies, must adhere to statewide guidelines for physical distancing, wearing face coverings, and enhanced cleaning. While certain essential retail businesses have been required to adhere to these regulations as a best practice, violations will now be enforceable through the Virginia Department of Health as a Class One misdemeanor.
- On-site alcohol curfew: The on-site sale, consumption, and possession of alcohol is prohibited after 10:00 p.m. in any restaurant, dining establishment, food court, brewery, microbrewery, distillery, winery, or tasting room. All restaurants, dining establishments, food courts, breweries, microbreweries, distilleries, wineries, and tasting rooms must close by midnight. Virginia law does not distinguish between restaurants and bars, however, under current restrictions, individuals that choose to consume alcohol prior to 10:00 p.m. must be served as in a restaurant and remain seated at tables six feet apart.
- The full text of amended Executive Order Sixty-Three and Order of Public Health Emergency Five and sixth amended Executive Order Sixty-Seven and Order of Public Health Emergency Seven are available here.
- Read the news story here.
Sòng bài trực tuyếnFairfax City businesses can find assistance and guidance from the Economic Development Office, with the Fairfax City Economic Development Authority.
Please continue to practice social distancing, handwashing, and other recommendations by health officials. Reminder: face coverings are mandated in Virginia.. For questions and concerns about the Governor Northam’s Executive Order for Face Coverings, read the Governor's FAQs or call 877-ASK-VDH3 (Virginia Department of Health).
For more information, visit the City of Fairfax COVID-19 information web pages: fairfaxva.gov/coronavirus
Receive texts and emails:
- City of Fairfax: Text FXCCOVID19 to 888777, or
- Fairfax County Health Department: Text FFXCOVID19 to 888777, or
Fairfax City business-related information:
Sòng bài trực tuyếnCOVID-19 health and medical information: